The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Beartree Campground, Mt. Rogers National Recreation Area, Virginia

Labor Day bike, kid and dog parade at Beartree Campground, not far from the Virginia Creeper bike trail near Damascus, VA.

 The Turtle's awning and a tarp make a quick outdoor room..
 
Rain in the early morning hours stopped in time for coffee...
The rhododendrons made a cozy outdoor camping space for The Turtle and I.
At the end of the trail, I spied a Walden-like pond. End of August and already fall.
Good omen for the beginning of my journey towards the Hudson River Valley and the Adirondacks.
Toad in the hole for breakfast and off to a good start to Roanoke, VA

No comments: